H E L P !
Jobs & Careers
Faculty & Staff
General Science, Physics
B.Sc. in Physics
All Physics Courses
- First Year
- Second Year
- Third Year
- Fourth Year
1st yr Registration Info
Explore the Universe !
The web's best one-stop shopping for the latest news
in astronomy and space-related features. Plus blogs, video
podcasts, audio podcasts, images, and videos from international
- Astronomy Picture of the Day
- Each day a different image or photograph of our fascinating universe is featured, along with a brief explanation written
by a professional astronomer. Install the Picture of the Day automatic backgrounder program, and have your computer's wallpaper automatically
updated daily as the PoD. (En francais a Ciel des Hommes.)
- Raise the level of public knowledge about adverse
impacts of excess artificial lighting on local environments and help
more people appreciate the continuing loss of a dark night sky for much
of the world’s population.
years of the Telescope
- An interactive website with information about the
telescope and its history.
- Want to make a REAL contribution to continuing
research? The Galaxy Zoo files contain almost a quarter of a
million galaxies which have been imaged with a camera attached to a
robotic telescope. In order to understand how these galaxies — and our
own — formed, we need your help to classify them
according to their shapes — a task at which your brain is better than
even the fastest computer.
- This is one of several projects of
Zooniverse which use
citizen scientists to help analyze huge amounts of data. Some of the
other astronomical projects include identifying craters on Mars,
measuring bars in spiral galaxies, looking for black holes in radio galaxies,
gravitational lenses, and discovering near-Earth asteroids.
Dig in, lend a hand!
- Want to help in the Search for ExtraTerrestrial
Intelligence? Is your computer left on through most of the
day (or night)? Download a screensaver application that could help
- American Astronomical Society
- Although American in origin, this is the major international
organization of astronomers. The Education link contain a wealth of
teaching resources!. Many astronomical links: history, education, jobs,
journals, and FTP archive.
Astrophysics Education & Outreach
- An excellent online reference aimed at introductory senior
high/undergrad level. Very well illustrated and explained.
Astronomical Society (CASCA)
- The Canadian association of professional astronomers.
- A news blog maintained by Dennis Crabtree, a Canadian
astronomer presently based at the Gemini telescope in Chile.
- Canadian Space
- Learn what Canada is doing to explore space. Includes the NASA
International Space Station tracker. Many interesting links, including how
to apply to become an astronaut!
- Did you know that Canada has an active
space industry? SpaceRef
Canada has an excellent site with information about the global space
systems sector. It covers civil, commercial and military space as well
space policy, space technology, astronomy and most other space related
The Cosmic Mirror
- A web-based space newspaper of space information, updated weekly, from
- Debunking the the Moon Hoaxers
- Phil Plait addresses each of the claims of the Fox production
"Apollo Moon Hoax" on his
website. Great reading even if you're not in need of convincing
that we landed on the Moon!
- Discovery Channel Canada Online
- Usually has the latest astronomy (and all other science) stories, plus
information, links, quizzes, contests and other fun.
Institute for Astrophysics
- Information, virtual tours, and links to Canada's national astronomy
Hubble Space Telescope Releases
- All the latest and the best from HST.
Goddard Space Flight Centre
- Links to all NASA projects- past and present- lots of history and
great pictures, too.
Multimedia & Image Resource
- Looking for some cool images for your desktop or to
make your own screen saver? You'll find the latest images and
- Looking for creative ideas to teach astronomy and
space science? The Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics has posted some
activities to challenge your students and to help them gain a better
understanding of challenge facing astronauts in space and the research
scientists that support them here on earth.
Nine Planets: A Multimedia Tour
- One of the oldest astronomy web sites, but still one of the best for
images and up-to-date information on the solar system and all its members.
- A large international lobby group for the promotion of planetary
exploration and public education.
- Sky and
- A great site for the amateur observer! In addition to previews of the
monthly magazine Sky & Telescope, there are news releases (updated
weekly), observing charts and tips, and reviews of binoculars, telescopes,
and astronomy books.
- Spaceflight Now
- "The leading source for online space news." Has
up-to-the-minute news and images from current space exploration from all
for the Exploration and Development
of Space (SEDS)
- An outstanding site by and for university students. Contains a Messier
image catalogue, galaxy images, and many international space exploration
27 August, 2015